Thursday, May 22, 2014

Trying New Things..

Me, my dad,
Kaitlyn, and
stepmom 
Me, my mom, and Kaitlyn



I just got back from a quick vacation.  I went home for my sisters college graduation.  It was good to get away for a little bit, but like always, the trip home went by too fast.  I still can not believe that she graduated college.  It seems like I just graduated yesterday.



It's less than half the size of
my phone
I got my TENS unit in the mail.  This little device is AAAAAMAZING!  I wish that I knew about it longer ago.  It is small enough that I can use it while at work, too.  I use it 6-7ish hours a day and have only had to charge it once.  I can't get over how good the battery life is. Because of the help with this nifty thing, I went almost 2 weeks without taking any pain pills.  I had to give in and take pain pills tonight because the pain has been so bad the past 2 days that I have been crying.  I hate taking the pain pills, but I also want to be able to relax a little bit and not be so miserable.  



The seeds on the pressure
points to help with sleeping,
nausea, and hot flashes
So I had my first acupuncture appointment yesterday.  It was definitely an experience.  I couldn't bring myself to look at the needles because it would've really freaked me out.  I will admit that it was nice and relaxing.  She turned the lights off and there was soothing music playing so that helped me calm down a little bit.  There were 21, yes 21, needles in my abdomen at one time.  I couldn't believe it.  Most of them I couldn't feel because I am still numb from my surgery, but there were a couple that did hurt.  She also put these seeds in my ear in certain places on the different pressure points.  I am to push on these 3-4 times a day for 3-4 days. The top 2 are to help regulate my sleeping and the lower/inner ones are to help with nausea and hot flashes.  I'm keeping an open mind and crossing my fingers that this helps.  If it helps with 1 of my 3 worst symptoms, I would be a happy camper.  She did say that acupuncture can be slower and that it may take several sessions so we'll see.  I am going every Wednesday for the next few weeks.  *fingers crossed!*



Does anyone have a preference for pharmacy?  I have been having so many problems with my pharmacy.  I am looking to switch and go to a different one, but don't know which is best.  Any input would be greatly appreciated! :)


I miss the life I had before Dezzie took over my life.  I miss working out.  I miss hanging out with friends.  I miss having a social life.  I miss having energy.  I would do anything to be able to do all of that again.  I have no life outside of work.  Some days it takes all of me to get up and to even go to work, let alone do anything after work.  I have definitely realized who my true friends are, though.  I know that not everyone can handle this, but they're not dealing with it personally.  It sucks, though, that these so called friends are no where to be found when I need someone, even if it's just to chat.  Hopefully one day I will be able to have my life back again.  But, I am thankful for my true friends.  I wouldn't want to be wasting my time with fake ones.  

Pain meds are kicking in, so time to relax and try to get a little bit of sleep, until the next hot flash hits…  I hope the next blog post is more positive.  I'm hoping to start feeling a little better soon.



1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that that little TENS unit is helping! Anything that is not a drug that helps, is wonderful!!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete